SDVLP conducts periodic MCLE trainings to educate pro bono attorneys and other legal professionals about legal issues impacting our clients.
SPECIAL IMMIGRANT JUVENILE STATUS – Free MCLE & Volunteer Opportunity!
WHEN: June 15, 2015 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:15 p.m.
WHERE: SDVLP, 707 Broadway, Suite 1400, San Diego, CA 92101
MCLE: 1 hour
COST: FREE if you are willing to commit to accepting 1 pro bono case in the next 6 months***
On June 15, 2015, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:15 p.m., SDVLP will be holding a free MCLE: "Special Immigrant Juvenile Status." This free MCLE is an opportunity to be trained in the practice, procedure, and advocacy skills needed to represent an undocumented foster child in his or her application for legal status with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. The undocumented children we assist have been abused, abandoned, or neglected by a parent and are eligible for legal status through Special Immigrant Juvenile Status.
Your representation will enable a foster child to remain in a safe and stable living situation. All participants must agree to accept one pro bono case in the next six months and will be provided with sample forms and mentorship.
If you are interested, please register here by Thursday, June 11th. Space is limited. If you have questions, please contact Leslie Mackay at email@example.com. Please feel free to share this opportunity.
2015 Family Law Paralegal Program
When: Wednesday, July 29, 2015
8:00 am - 12:30 pm
Where: Auditorium, California Western School of Law
4 HOURS CREDIT: 2 General Law, 2 Ethics
Topics of Discussion
- Judicial Perspective: Hon. Maureen Hallahan and Hon. Patricia Guerrero
- Paralegal Panel: Everything you wanted to know about ESI but were afraid to ask!
- Special Interrogatories and Request for Admissions: Gordon Cruse, CFLS & Chip Hernholm, Esq.
- Let's Talk About Ethics with Sandra Mayberry, CFLS
- Update on Family Law Ethics, Garrison Klueck, CFLS
- Ethics of Representing a Client with Diminished Capacity, Julia Garwood, CFLS
- 2014 Cases and 2015 Statutes: Anna Romanskaya, Esq.
Questions? Contact Irasema Coronado at (619) 235-5656, ext. 116 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Before July 24, 2015: $100.00
Late Registration: $125.00
*Walk-ins if space is available. Limited Enrollment.
*No refunds available.